The Aboitiz College Scholarship ProgramChampioning Academic Excellence
To Shape Tomorrow's Leaders
Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV) believes that a good education is the powerful foundation that exceptional leadership is built on. In line with this, AEV has created a scholarship program designed to support and inspire students to value, appreciate and make the most of their education.
The Aboitiz College Scholarship Program (ACSP) is currently open to outstanding undergraduate students pursuing degrees in Accountancy, Business / Management, Information Technology, and Engineering.
The scholarship provides the students with financial assistance to defray tuition and miscellaneous expenses, book requirements, and transportation needs. The scholarship is renewable every semester, for as long as the student maintains the 85% GPA requirement (or its equivalent) and makes normal progress toward a degree.
To apply for the Scholarship Program,the applicant must:
- Be a full-time 1st to 4th year incoming student of an eligible college or university;
- Be pursuing a degree in Accountancy, Business / Management, IT, or Engineering;
- Have a final average grade / cumulative overall GPA not lower than 85% or its equivalent;
- Not have a failing or incomplete grade;
- Not have a record of any form of disciplinary action; and,
- Must have fully completed and submitted all application requirements on time.
Program Application Requirements
The applicant must submit all of the following documents:
- A fully completed application form. Applicants may download copies of the application forms .
- For incoming 1st year applicants ONLY: a certified true copy of the applicant’s high school report card with grades for the first three semesters. (Note: Once the applicant qualifies for the next round of screening, the Screening Committee will require the applicant to present a certified true copy of the complete high school report card with a certification from the school principal stating the final average grade.)
- For incoming 2nd year to 4th year college applicants ONLY: a certified true copy of the applicant’s college transcript for all undergraduate course work, ending with the grades from the first semester of SY 2012 - 2013. (Note: Once the applicant qualifies for the next round of screening, the Screening Committee will require the applicant to present the second semester grades of SY 2012 – 2013 with a certification from the School Registrar stating the cumulative overall GPA / GWA of the applicant.)
- Certification from the School Principal or Registrar stating the final average grade (for incoming 1st year applicants), or the cumulative overall GPA/GWA of the applicant (for incoming 2nd to 4th year applicants).
- Certifications supporting leadership experience, awards received, and community involvements.
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic & one non-academic).
All application documents submitted will become the property of the company and will NOT be returned to the applicants.
Screening & Selection
- All applications submitted will be evaluated by Corporate HR.
- Corporate HR will screen the applications based on the following criteria: academic performance, leadership ability, awards received, community involvement, recommendations, and personal essay.
- Corporate HR will determine the Top 60 applicants who will proceed to the next round of screening, which is the initial interview. Applicants who made it to the Top 60 will be notified via phone call.
- After the initial interview, Corporate HR will then determine the 30 finalists who will undergo the last phase of the screening process: the panel interview. Panel interviews will be conducted at the corporate offices of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. in Banilad, Cebu City or Makati City.
Application Timetable for 2013
|March 22, 2013||Deadline of Applications|
|April 17, 2013||Announcement of Top 60 Finalists|
|April 22 - 24, 2013||Initial Interview|
|May 6 - 8, 2013
|May 17, 2013||Announcement of Scholarship Grantees|
|June 1, 2013
June 15, 2013
|MOA Signing (Manila)
MOA Signing (Cebu)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Aboitiz College Scholarship Program wishes to recognize outstanding undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any Accountancy, Business / Management, IT or Engineering course. Each academic year, Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV) will award students with a scholarship, which will be renewable every semester as long as the student maintains the grade requirement and makes normal progress toward a degree.
What does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship covers full tuition and other miscellaneous fees, books, and transportation allowance.
What is the duration of the scholarship grant?
The scholarship is for one semester, with an extension to the subsequent semester(s), provided the scholar continues to meet the scholarship conditions.
When is the deadline for submission of the application?
For 2013, deadline for the submission of applications is on March 22, 2013.
Is the scholarship open to all schools in the Philippines?
For a listing of our current partner colleges and universities, please click here.
Can I apply to other scholarships at the same time?
Yes, you can. But if you are selected as an Aboitiz scholar, you have to withdraw from the other scholarships you have applied.
Is there an age limit for applying to the scholarship?
Around 16 to 20 years old. More importantly, applicants must be full-time students taking up or about to take up their first course in college. Applicants who have stopped schooling for a semester, a year, or more are NOT QUALIFIED.
Does the ACSP cover funding for graduation-related expenses / board review- and board- exam-related expenses?
For graduation-related expenses, scholars are encouraged to submit a letter of request to the Scholarship Committee for deliberation.
Board review and exam expenses will be covered by the scholarship.
Will ACSP cover expenses incurred by applicants during the screening & selection phases?
ACSP will NOT cover any expenses of the applicants during the screening & selection phases.
When are the financial awards allocated to the scholars?
At the beginning of each school year, scholarships are awarded in June as soon as the semestral assessment and other supporting documents are submitted to AEV. Reallocations are made the subsequent semester(s), provided the recipients continue to meet the scholarship criteria.
What if the scholar drops or withdraws a subject?
One of the scholarship requirements is for the student to enroll a full load as provided by the course prospectus. A dropped or withdrawn subject will mean automatic elimination from the scholarship program.
If the scholar fails to meet a scholarship criteria, will he / she still be allowed to re-apply for the ACSP?
Once a scholar fails to meet a scholarship criteria, he / she is no longer qualified to re-apply for the ACSP.
What about working students who cannot commit to a full load?
One of the scholarship requirements is for the student to enroll a full load as provided by the course prospectus. This is to encourage the student to focus on his / her college education, maintain a good academic record and make normal progress toward a degree.
- Scholars must take up full load every semester, as required in the course prospectus.
- Scholars must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 85% or its equivalent for all subjects enrolled during any term or semester.
- Scholars must not incur any incomplete or failing grade in any subject.
- Scholars must not withdraw his / her enrolment, drop out from school, or drop any subject enrolled in a semester.
If we have further clarifications about the program,who can we contact?
Aboitiz Equity Ventures,Inc.
Gov. Manuel A. Cuenco Avenue,Banilad
Phone: +63 32 411 1726
Contact Person: Kim Villacrucis
Aboitiz Equity Ventures,Inc.
110 Legazpi St.,Legaspi Village
Phone: +63 2 793 2716
Contact Person: Ciarah Pacheco