The Aboitiz Future Leaders Business Summit
Guaranteeing Better Tomorrows
By Forging Our Leadership Today
What began in 2006 as a gathering of Cebu’s brightest student leaders with the vision of preparing them for the corporate world, has become a yearly phenomenon that brings together the top-ranking students from the country’s finest universities for a 2-day summit on business and leadership – the Aboitiz Future Leaders Business Summit (AFLBS).
Over the Summit’s history, participants include working scholars, varsity athletes, honor students, and organization leaders, each with their own inspiring stories, visionary ideals and high hopes for the future of the country. They are guided by the top Aboitiz executives from the different business industries, who impart their knowledge, experience, and philosophies to the country’s future leaders.
The Summit talks about leadership and management concepts and shows how these are concretized in a corporate environment, providing opportunities for the student delegates to interact, network, and establish ties with CEOs, executives, team leaders, and team members of the Aboitiz Group, as well as with their fellow delegates. Through plenary discussions, teambuilding exercises, and team challenges, the Summit also aims to bring out the best from the student delegates, inspire them to develop a renewed hope in the country, and encourage them to strive for excellence in all things.
To apply for the AFLBS, the applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen, 25 years old or younger at the time of the Summit
- Be a bonafide undergraduate student of a school / university
- Be a 3rd or 4th year student of a 4-year course; 4th or 5th year student of a 5-year course (by June 2013)
- Be taking up any course in the following fields of study: Business Management, Accounting, Communications, Political Science, Information Technology, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Psychology, Economics, and Law
- Be ranked in the top 20 of their college or department
- Be an active leader or officer of any student organization – student government, academic, cause-oriented, socio-civic or religious in nature
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Not have any disciplinary case inside or outside campus
Program Application Requirements
The applicant must submit all of the following documents:
- A fully completed application form. Applicants may download copies of the application forms here.
- A certified true copy of the applicant’s college transcript for all undergraduate course work, ending with the grades from the first semester of SY 2012 - 2013. (Note: Once the applicant qualifies for the next round of screening, the Screening Committee will require the applicant to present the second semester grades of SY 2012 – 2013 with a certification from the School Registrar stating the cumulative overall GPA / GWA of the applicant.)
- Certification from the School Registrar stating the overall cumulative GPA / GWA of the applicant.
- Certifications supporting leadership experience, awards received, and community involvements.
- A signed recommendation letter
- Personal essay, artwork, or photograph
Hard copies of the duly accomplished application form and the requirements must be submitted to the designated school official in a long brown envelope. Applicants may also send them directly to our corporate offices.
All application documents submitted will become the property of the company and will NOT be returned to the applicants.
Screening & Selection
- All applications submitted will be evaluated by Corporate HR.
- Corporate HR will screen the applications based on the following criteria: academic performance, leadership ability, awards received, community involvement, recommendations, and personal essay, artwork, or photograph.
- Corporate HR will determine the shortlisted applicants who will proceed to the panel interview. Applicants will be notified via phone call.
- Panel interviews will be conducted at the corporate offices of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. in Cebu and Makati. Other non-Cebu applicants will either be interviewed in their respective schools or at the different Aboitiz Group business units.
- After the panel interview, Corporate HR will then select the top 90 delegates who will join the 2-day Summit in Cebu City. They will be notified through their designated school official. Results will also be posted on the official AFLBS Facebook account.
Application Timetable for 2013
Note: The application timetable may change without prior notice.
|April 30, 2013
||Deadline of Applications
|May 15, 2013
||Announcement of Interviewees
|May 20 - 31, 2013
|June 14, 2013
||Announcement of Top 90
|August 16 – 17, 2012
For further inquiries, you may reach us at:
Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.
Aboitiz Corporate Center, Gov. Manuel A. Cuenco Avenue
Cebu City 6000
Phone: +63 32 411 1726
Contact Person: Kim Villacrucis
Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc.
110 Legazpi St., Legaspi Village
Phone: +63 2 793 2712
Contact Person: Valerie Cruz
For updates, follow us on Facebook & Twitter:
Download application form here.
See More >>